Sig’s Secret Chapter 3 - Lemres and Feli’s Arrival

A few days ago, Sig and I, as well as Raffine and Klug, stayed at the Magic School classroom after classes to make decorations and signs. As for Arle and Ringo, they're over at the park tables and chairs to prepare. Things were going pretty calm, chatting away while we work, until a voice suddenly echoed though the door and into the classroom.

"Well he-ll-o there! How about you guys take a break from your cafe preparations and have some sweets!"
"Wha-!? L-Lemres!"
Standing right at the door is a man with a green pointy hat and green cloak. I was more started by his loud-and-clear voice.
"Huhuhu. Working hard on making that wonderful cafe, Amitie?"
"W-w-why are you here!?"
That guy is Lemres. He's a genius magician usually known as the "Comet Warlock", and lives in the neighboring town. He's always smiling and has an easygoing attitude, which only just makes him all the more amazing. Even then, Lemres does come off as a weirdo at times...
"Here you are~ Let me reward you some sweet confections for your hard work! Candy, cookies, and even some chocolate!"
Though, I'm hopelessly in love with sweets! Of course, it isn't just me getting stuff to eat, he gives them out to everyone he sees, and likes doing it. But because he always has that smile on his face while he does it, it does make him a little bit suspicious at times...
"Eh...How did you know about the cafe, Lemres?" Sig went and got some candy. But...
"Fufufu. Heard it through the grapevine. Rumors told me you guys are putting out a cafe for Primp Festival, and you were practicing making pastries."
"Who did you hear it from..."
"Who now? Whoever said it, it involved swee~t confections...right?"
"How weird."
Lemres kinda been that guy that dodges the question at times too. Kinda suspicious, but can't be helped, right?
"L-Lemres!"
And just like that, the normally unflappable Klug dropped the paintbrush he was using on the sign and bolted straight up from his chair.
"When did you get here!? Had you told me you were coming I could've welcomed you on arrival!"
Klug really looks up to him with tons of respect. He even makes it a point to look proud around him, complete with a shining smile! He can't help but rush on over to him too.
"Ahaha, thank you. Are you doing well, Klug?" Lemres answered him with a chuckle.
"Yeah! I'm good! Great, even! Even if I gave an inch to that crass pink-haired dog, I haven't lost heart and I'm doing great!"
And creeping on behind him as he rambled away, came Raffine, interrupting him with "Klug...who might that be?" Lemres turned to Klug, and he nodded and answered "Enough about that." to everyone else.
"Anyhow...Today, I'll be teaching you how to bake sweets. Shall we col-la-bo-rate?"
"Wh-!" I answered with surprise. "Whoa~, you really mean it!? Sweets by Lemres himself...From the bottom of my heart, thanks so much!"
"Fufufu...My pleasure, Amitie. As well as myself, I brought one more person to help."
"Eh?"
Through the door, there was a girl standing next to Lemres, just peeking right behind him and his shadow.
"Ah!"
"Oh my."
That came from me and Raffine.
"Guh-!"
And that reaction was from Klug.
"Ufufufufu...So Mr. Lemres is here too...and so is my presence. It's. Just. As. I. Expected..."
"Feli!" I rushed on over to her.

The short, long-haired girl here is Feli. She's always wearing clothes that make her like a cute doll, and lives in the same neighboring town like Lemres. Divination and charms are her main thing, and she's pretty spot-on with them...kinda-sorta-maybe.
"Whoah, Feli's here to help out too? Thanks!"
"Do not...be mistaken. I've caught hold of the comet's trail...and it led me here. Such is my fate...Ah, the silver moon sings...And I see it. Has. Come. Clear..."
"W-Well then~ That's neato~...A-Ahahahaha!"
She always seems to talk nonsense like that, even if she's trying to get in sync with her divination. But at the end of it, I don't get her at all. Feli really likes Lemres though! ...kinda. Counting this time, she seems to go wherever Lemres goes. Klug's the same way and likes Lemres too, but that makes Feli and him on REALLY bad terms.
"Now shoo! Go home when the cafe gets dark! Lemres is more than sufficient!" Klug flicked his hand to shoo Feli, but she just glared at him.
"Ah- Klug! Don't just show up and say that to Feli~!" I panicked and followed up with "Feli, no badness stuff okay?"
But she just let out an out-of-place laugh.
"You need not worry...He understands quite well when to cry and yelp...ufufufufu."
"Say what!?"
Ah- uhh...Klug just got into a fight with that girl anyway~. But then...
"Oh come now, you two? Have some candy! Some swe~et treats should put those mean-spirited spats in their place."
Lemres handed some candy to the two of them, and they behaved in an instant. Yep, when Lemres is around, fights seem to stop just like that!
"Heya Lemres! I want some candy too! Just the extras you have left though~!"
I requested some for myself, and Lemres smiled and nodded.
"Okay then, It's time...for great service!"
Lemres twirrled the wand in his hand and made it float in the air. Me and everyone else followed it with our eyes, watching him trace a rainbow light with it, and from all that...
*P-P-P-Poof!*
There were donuts, tarts, eclairs, pudding and roll cakes! Tons of sweets were pouring down from above our heads! The colorful treats were gently fluttering on down and into everyone's hands.
"Amaziiiiiing! Thanks Lemres!"
"Fufufu, eat up, if you may."
He caught the wand and gave a a graceful bow. Wow, and so flawlessly too. That's the genius warlock for you!
"...oh, that's reminds me..."
A bunch of sweets were in my arms, some donuts landed on Raffine's head, and everyone else is mumbling how they’re astounded from all this.
"If you can perform this, then perhaps you could whip up the cafe sweets in a snap with that spell?"
"Ah."
D-did she seriously say that just now? But with a "Tsk tsk tsk." and a finger waggle, he shook his head.
"I can't do that, Raffine. This is your little shop and customers, therefore, it is your sweets that should bring smiles to their faces!"
"Why is that so..."
"I do not serve any sweets out that way either. Lovingly creating them one by one with your own hands are what makes them sweet confections."
"Oh I see. Well that's a shame, then."
Raffine caught on real fast, taking the donuts off her head and scarfing them down.
"Moving on then, we should watch how Lemres makes sweets for practice! How about it, Sig!"
"Uhmm..."
Sig took the roll cake with his hands, mulled about something for a moment, then nodded "Yes".
"Lemres' sweets huh. Guess I have to."
"Geez. Why are you so cautious around Lemres, Sig!"
"He's...kinda suspicious."
"So what if he is! At least thank him for lending everyone a hand...ah, that's right!"
I turned over to Feli, holding some really big candies from Lemres, standing there silently.
"...what is it."
I ended up meeting eye-to-eye with her.
"Heya Feli, maybe you can do a reading on the cafe! Pretty please if you will!"
I clapped my hands together in front of my face, closing in on Feli. Maybe she'll say "Today is a special happy day!" fortune, when every other day is happy one? I want her fortune to say the cafe will be successful. Feli looked straight at me, then turned over to Lemres. Lemres smiled back at her, and then she turned back to me, with a "Very well." to boot.
"I shall comply...All. Just. For. You."
Feli put her candy down on some special-looking paper, fiddling around and taking out two bent rods. Those things are Feli's tools of choice, and she holds them in her hands. She slouched a bit forward to build up something, and began murmuring a few words.
"O stars...answer my plea...the cafe's future...come forth, now!"
She does get a bit scary in the face when she looks at us while she's chanting these things. Still, I'm getting some really neato vibes in there!
"Now...come and show me...come forth and answer me...KIEEEEEE!!"
"Whoahwhoah!"

She suddenly made a loud, piercing screech. It's as if she was lost in her own world, letting out a cry that tells us she's "in a trance". That's what Feli's feeling right now! After that, she suddenly dropped her head in silence.
"...w-well then?" I timidly approached her. "Heya...what's the result?"
"..."
It looked like Feli didn't hear me at first, but then she slowly turned to look and tell me.
"A great calamity approaches..."
"Karamitie? Huh, is this Karamitie person some big-name person coming to the cafe?" I tilted my head.
"You don't understand a thing, do you, Amitie?" Klug sighed.
"A calamity is an event of misfortune and wrongdoing."
"Ah...misfortune, you say...wait what!?" My face went white with shock. "But how come, Feli!? Some misfortune thing’s happening when everyone’s working so hard..."
Feli didn't care, she just continued on.
"The red one...they will awaken...distorted in visage... The budding blue one, gradually weakens. Ah...and crushed by the red it seems..."
"The heck does that mean!? Enough with the nonsense, Feli!"
"They're words from the stars...I am merely conveying them."
"Get really real!!"
So much, way much shock went through me, a feeling I didn't want. But then someone patted my shoulder with their hand.
"Eh?"
When I turned, it was Sig, specifically with his right hand. Seems he was trying to calm me down without even batting an eye lid, and he continued patting my shoulder.
"S-Sig?"
"You alright, Amitie?"
"Feli's fortune though...that calamity though..."
"Everyone's here. Don't be scared."
"...b-but."
"Still. I'm the Sub-Leader...I'm trying my best."
"Wha!?"
I just stared at Sig, hearing that rare sentence out of him.
"Let's do our best. Yeah."
Sig tossed his right hand up. And then he went back to his usual spacey-ness...for a short moment. Am I imagining this? He looked a bit bashful for just a moment?
"Well, I'm here. Don't worry too much about Feli's fortune."
"How do I put it, Amitie? You're swayed by many things too easily. Have some grace and keep it together, like me."
Klug and Raffine came to give me some encouragement...Or at least I think it is?
"...I must tell you this. You all...shall. See. It. Soon."
Seems I don't have to worry too much about the fortune Feli told us about. The candy I got should be our lucky charm.
"R-...Right! Thanks, guys! Maybe that big Karamitie person will show up to the cafe. Alrighty, onwards!"
Everyone's words really lifted my spirits up like the troopers they are. Should I be worried though? I gotta get my foot back in the game and get back to work. When the ever-smiling Lemres leaving without a trace, my worries just left in an instant too...

Comments

  1. Haha! If the Klug was no longer enough for Raffine, now comes Feli, to his disgrace, kkkk. Feli is very strange most of the time, I would not believe if someone made predictions without more or less, I understand their side and Amitie. And it seems that Sig gets closer and closer to Amitie, really, without having too many expressions it's hard to tell if he's doing it to help her as a sub-leader or maybe he'd be right about the "calamity" that would happen. But seriously? Did Amitie confuse "calamity" with "Karamitie"? Ahahahah !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love this book and its character

      Delete
  2. is it weird to ship lemures and klug? and not him and feli?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!