Amitie and the Mysterious Egg Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Egg

Hello-! The name’s Amitie! I’m a student of the Primp Magic School in the peaceful Primp Town! My dream is to become a wonderful magician.♪ I’m not that great at studying, and maybe a bit clumsy, but I’m always the cheerful one. Nice to meet you! But anyway, let me tell you what I’m doing.
“Wh- Wheeeeere am I!?”
I kinda got lost my way in the forest…

Some time ago, I was on my way to the park to play with my friends after school. That’s when I came across this unfamiliar forest. Really strange, huh? A forest I’ve never seen on my usual path, huh… But I just crossed it and headed to the park anyway. Besides, if I cut through the forest, it’d be the fastest route.
“Maybe I shouldn’t have gone in there~. But the Puyo seem to be curious about something…Still, I can get some tasty fruit around here!”
I went and plucked one from a nearby tree. Mm~, It’s really sweet, like a peach and an apple in one. So delicious! And then, the Mysterious Forest appeared outta nowhere. I’m completely clueless, confused, then I saw something move in the forest brush. ‘What was that?’ I thought, and I focused on it… It was a golden Puyo!
Puyo are round creatures that appear randomly around Primp Town. They come in various colors, they pop when you group them together, yet they have so many mysteries. I’ve seen so many Puyo, but this is the first time I’ve seen a golden one! I’ve gotta catch it and show it to everyone! I faced the golden Puyo to chase it down, but it saw me and ran into the forest.
“Ah! Wait~!”
I completely lost sight of it. Still, I looked carefully for the golden Puyo. It couldn’t have gone that deep in the forest. I’ll catch it this time for sure! Though, that’s what I thought as I ran through the bushes… Ah! I spotted it again in the deep forest! Just like that, I got super-focused and chased it deeper and deeper into the forest. After…Uh, I kinda realized I lost my way. After all that, I completely lost the golden Puyo…
“Hah…Gee, I’d be lucky to eat some of that tasty fruit right about now! Besides, I could use the walk~.”
I’m not discouraged at all, I’m feeling alright. I hummed a tune on my way back. I marched straight ahead and I’m already back. I’m so smart~.
Huh…?
There was a shine at the corner of my eye. Was it the golden Puyo? No, it didn’t look like a Puyo, but it was still pretty luminous. I nervously looked around, even in the trees from earlier. That faint light is still there.
“Who…who’s there?”
I faced towards the light, calling at it. I think it’s someone with a lamp. It has that really warm, soft glow.
…No reply. I started to get a little scared so I cut through the trees to get a bit closer and take a peek.
“Wh- What’s that!?”
What I found…was a huge, round stone. It was as tall as my knee, white as snow, and it was glowing all around. This rock was the thing that gave off that light. It’s really strange, finding something very strange and mysterious, yet glows so prettily in the middle of the forest.
“Uwaa~ I wonder what it is? Maybe Ringo knows…”
Knowing my knowledgeable friend’s face, she’ll be so excited and jittery when near these things. Now that I looked at it again, it looks more like a big ‘ol egg. The top narrows out into kinda like a point, like how I usually see eggs. Why is it glowing though? And why is it warm? I put my hand on it without much thought.
…Or tried to.
*cracklewigglecrack!!*
I put my hand on it and it began to crack!
“What the!? I didn’t hit it that hard! I just gave it a nudge!”

I’m standing here complaining in front of the egg, and it keeps cracking wider.
“Ah, awawawawa…”
No time to be cracking down, the egg is squirming around right now. Does that mean it’s hatching!? What do I do if some scary thing going to come out! And attack…Nononono! Shouldn’t I just run!? But I’m curious about what it is too… Uh, um, what do I do!? I get lost, an egg is hatching, and “that” is coming out. Suddenly, “that” saw me and jumped straight into me!
“E…EEEEEK!! SOMEONE, HELP MEEE!!”
It was no use, and no one heard me scream from the forest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!