Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!

Hello-! The name’s Amitie! I’m a student of the Primp Magic School in the peaceful Primp Town! My dream is to become a wonderful magician.♪ I’m not that great at studying, and maybe a bit clumsy, but I’m always the cheerful one. Nice to meet you!
Though, I’m in the middle of something right now. This conversation is getting way too nuts right now and I’m getting pretty fed up with it...
"I say it has to be a fashion show! Everyone can design wonderful clothes and jewelry, and I direct them down the cat walk. I know it'll be a great success!"
The pink-up-curled-haired girl that's clenching her fist with persistence is Raffine. She's strong-willed, kinda scary when she's mad, but very tenacious.
"Sigh...Could you be any less intellectual? For instance, how about this! A library for the masses? A wide collection of di~fficult books to sate one's intelligence... Such a genius idea!"
I'm right between a fight with Raffine and Klug, the other guy who's objecting. He's got the trademark hat and glasses. He also likes to study, and carries around a big and bulky book in his hand.
"...bug...bug garden. We can get a bunch of bugs together and everyone can raise them. Everyone will be happy, and the bugs too...
Raffine and Klug stopped their quarrel for a second because of Sig's spacey chatter. He's the one with the cyan hair and always moves at his own pace. He doesn't care why he has a red left eye and red left arm, just going along at his own pace.
"H-Hey guys, all of your ideas are all good and all, but see, pick which one that everyone will have fun with..."
I attempted to speak up, but with everyone being way too heated up, no one's listening to me. Off to my right, Raffine's looking straight at Klug.
"Oh please, what's with the boring suggestion! You, droping your book for such a long-awaited opportunity? Not a chance!"
And to my left, Klug's flinging back a response to Raffine.
"Boring...you say!? Your idea is incredibly trivial! You suggested a fashion show because you want one!"
And off elsewhere, Sig's in monologue mode, mumbling "We can tie ribbons on the bugs..." Oh fiddlesticks, this is going nowhere! I couldn't help but sneak a sigh.
Soon enough, we're going to be throwing a festival in Primp Town, called "Primp Festival"! At the heart of the vast park, there's going to be colorful decorations, everyone's setting up shop, a concert's going to happen, and there's even a dance party... It's a super lively and fun festival. Everyone in Primp Town loves it! Of course, that goes for me, Raffine, and even Klug. The excitement for the festivities won't stop. Right now, though, everyone is still talking about which stand we're going work together on! ...they're taking it pretty far too...
"Fashion show!"
"Library!"
"Bug garden..."
I'm getting a headache. All of these comments are a total mess. In other words, they're too stubborn with what they like! Ugh, at this rate, we won't even have a stand to set up by the time the festival comes around. What to do, what to do......I got it! At a time like this, isn't it a good idea to reach out to "those two" right now? I'm usually the one that needs help, and those two friends of mine are in my mind right now.
Sure enough, Raffine and the others eventually ended the discussion. As for me, I headed to the heart of Primp Town's park. It won't be long until they start setting up for the festival. Right now, I've got to look for my two friends and tell them about what's going on right now.
"...Where do I start. Raffine's all 'Ohh ho ho ho!' and stuff, Klug's all 'Hmph...' and being really stuck-up, Sig's all sp- sp- spaaaaaacey...and all this talk is making my head spin!"
"Calm down, Amitie..."
The blue armored-and-caped wonder that's trying to ease my dilemma is Arle. Before she ended up in Primp Town and became my friend, she was usually off on an adventure. She's pretty cheerful but kinda boyish at times, with how she talks to us and all. Thanks to her, I pulled it together even after my crazy-talk.
"I don't get the tone of that last part, but it seems like you seriously need my help to make this stand a hit!"
...then Arle smiled in agreement. Right after, the strange animal next to her looked up at her.
"It's still a festival though~. And it's how it is in Primp Town. Doesn't it sound fun, Carby?"
The little yellow guy that Arle calls "Carby" is Carbuncle. He's Arle's partner, and "always reliable" as she says. He looks pretty cute, always has a carefree smile on his face, and whenever he's not playing around, he's chatting away with Arle. Though, he only says "Guu" and nothing else, so I can't understand a thing he says. Yet, Arle seems to understand him perfectly!
"Guu! Guu!" He bounced and trounced.
"Eh? A stand that sells food sounds fun? You are quite the gourmand, aren't you?"
Arle looked over and laughed. Continuing on, the third of us that interrupted Carbuncle, right next to Arle, has her hand on her chin.
"As I understand from the current situation...You want to put up a great stand for this Primp Festival you speak of. However, the jury's still out and you're getting very impatient. Lastly, you're seeking an idea for this stand that everyone will agree with...that about sums it up!"
"Yep, that's about right! It's exactly as you put it~!"
The one that gave the short version of my explanation is Ringo. Her charm point is her red, loopy-curled twin tails. She's pretty diligent, really polite on top of that, though she does get a bit too curious and says pretty weird stuff. Ringo's another person not from around here, and I befriended her by some lucky break. Now I hang out with her from time to time.
"I see. Festivals and stands...this is psyching me up!" Ringo loudly declared, clenching a fist. I'm surprised Ringo has this much spirit in her. "Psyched up you say? You done something like this, Ringo?"
"Yes. In my home town, we held a festival at the Suzuran Shopping District to revitalize the town. Every year, the greengrocer's household takes some of the store fruits to create and sell original sweets."
"Original sweets you say! That sounds really yummy!"
"Ufufufufu...Handmade and sold over the counter, it's all basic work experience!"
"Wowie!"
Wicked! Leave it to Ringo to think of something, and now my hopes are riding high! Arle was listening in too, and with an excited look in her eyes, she asked "What did you make, anyhow?" With a prideful glow, Ringo answered.
"I collaborated with my childhood friend, associated with the district fishmonger. Together, we made the 'Highly Nutritious! Maguro's Eyeball Apple Pie'!"
......
...Uhm. I think bad things are bound to happen if I let Ringo in the kitchen... I don't even know what to say to her, but then Arle raised her hand out.
"Ah, I sorta have an idea! If everyone wants to have fun with it, then how about they play some Puyo?"
"Play Puyo huh...Of course!"
Sounds good to me! "Puyo" are round, squishy, colorful little strange creatures that are everywhere around Primp Town. When you connect four or more of the same color together, they pop. When they do pop, a mysterious power begins to stir. Me, Arle, Ringo, and just about everyone in Primp Town are able to use that mysterious power for spells. Everyone loves to connect an pop Puyo in a battle too! Playing Puyo is fun for everyone! ...at least I think it is.
"Gu gu guu♪"
"Yeah, of course Carby! Round everyone up, and have one big round of Puyo! When a ton of them pop, they...they..."
Even with that vigorous feeling coming out of her words, Arle took a short pause.
"...ehe, sorry. We do the same thing all the time anyways, huh?"
"Ah...you have point there~"
She dropped her head in disappointment. We do kinda play Puyo every day though. We can play Puyo anytime, anywhere, whenever we feel like it. It's not exactly a thing you'd put a stand for in a festival.
"Hnnn, this is harder than I thought..."
"Guguu..."
Arle and Carbuncle look like they ran out of ideas.
"Amitie, you don't know what you want to do?" Ringo turned to me.
"I...kinda sorta want to get together and have some fun with everyone~, some cake and tea would make it all the better too. How would I do that though..."
I daydreamed about what I was thinking out loud about, but then Arle and Ringo traded glances.
"Hey Amitie, I've been thinking..."
"You want to arrange, as they call it, a cafe?"
...cafe?
"Waah!? Right, I was talking about the perfect cafe! That's right~ I've wanted to do a cafe. Ahahahahaha!" I scratched my head in embarrassment, only to get a shocked reaction from Arle and Ringo.

On the next day, I took Arle, Carbuncle, and Ringo along to tell everyone about the "Cafe" idea. I wonder if I was able to convince Raffine and the others? I-I'm kinda nervous if they'll agree with me or not.
"A cafe you say? Well, I don't see why not? But the cafe flowers and the beautiful waitress are to be my duty!
"A cafe, huh. Relaxing with a cup of tea whilst reading a book in serenity...Not a bad idea you have there, Amitie."
"Bug customers...can come too."
Looks like we've finally found something everyone wants to do! And then I went and informed them again. Arle and Ringo are going to help out with the cafe! Everyone at the magic school welcomed them in with open arms. With a huge group working together and having fun with it, I'm sure this'll turn out great. Alrighty, let's go for it! I'm so excited and full of newfound energy.
"...wait, who's the Leader?" Arle bluntly asked.
"Leader?" I asked back.
"You haven't picked one? They more or less need to organize the committee members and manage what they should do."
"It is a considerably large responsibility for just one person, so considering a Sub-Leader is ideal!"
Arle and Ringo suggested some things while I looked over to Raffine, Klug, and Sig. A Leader huh...Just who could could manage what we would do...
"Right! As the strongest, most beautiful, and most elegant of them all, that role naturally belongs to me!"
"I'll do it! As the genius brains of the group, I shall be the one to guide you with peace of mind!"
Raffine and Klug reached out at the same time. And the next instant, they traded a glare and unsurprisingly began arguing...
"Well then, shame it didn't work out had to go this way."
"Uhm, ignoring the arguing, should we draw straws to decide?"
...moving on, Ringo and Arle pushed on with it. Nice save, you two! After drawing straws to decide on the Leader, everyone's firmly settled down. Sig being the Leader would probably be a bit too laid back, but he would be fine as sub Leader though! ...at least I think it would. I calmly drew the straw, and on it was the word "LEADER" written on it...
"M-M-MEEEEE!?"
Eeeh!? Take it from me, but I'm just about the clumsiest, most unreliable person to take this role! On top of that, I don't know who drew the Sub-Leader one...
"Oh...it's me."
Of all the people in here, it had to be the one that goes at his own pace: Sig!
"Wait, hold up, I'm the Leader, and Sig's the Sub-Leader...WHAAAA-!?"
I'm completely stunned.
"That's right, you're going to be the one they're turning to for the stand to succeed!"
"If you feel uneasy, we're here to help. Give us the word and we'll try our best!"
Arle and Ringo gave some encouragement.
...Y-Yeah! Now's not the time to get stumped. With everyone on board, we gotta make this cafe the best and most wonderful of all of Primp Festival!
"G-Got it. I'll do my best as Leader, and I'll look forward to working with you!"
Even if I'm a bit nervous, I was able to muster a tiny speech. I then turned over to Sub-Leader Sig.
"Let's give it our best, Sig!"
Sig made eye contact with me. Then...
"Go for it."
*Snore*
"You do your best too, Sig!"
"Eh?"
"Don't say that, you're the Sub-Leader aren't you!?"
"Oh, right."
"Did you forget already!? We're supposed to work together with everyone to make a wonderful cafe, uh, and the Leader and Sub-Leader are supposed to do everything for everyone..."
"...zzz"
"Sig!! How could you sleep standing with your eyes wide open!!"
Uhhm. Will everything really be alright...?

Comments

  1. There are always those who do not listen to us, which is why I do not like being a leader. But it is true that the sub-leader gives a discharge in the duties, and I already had a sub-leader helping me. But people think it's wrong and they always said we were "attracted" ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah whatever they said i just like how MY BOI SIG IS THE SUB-LEADER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret