Everyone’s Dreams, Coming True!? Chapter 6 - The Lovely Couple!?

The next person that touched the box that comes to mind was Rulue. With that said, everyone’s tagging along to look for her in the forest, the same place we saw her yesterday. She was in the middle of her own lessons, and Arle let out a big sigh.
“Waking up Rulue...I don’t think we can do that, huh, Carby?”
“Gu~gu~”
“Why? Haven’t you known her for a long time? Then surely you’ll be able to see right through to her! Don’t you think so?” I asked.
Arle let out a chuckle and looked away from me.

"Geez...I feel getting to her and shoving truth in her face isn't that easy. Considering that Rulue's dream is just that..."
"Guuu~..."
"That?" Ringo and I asked together.
"Rulue has had the same dream as always. But now, as if by law, she expect it'll come that easily..."
Arle's words trailed off to nonsense. Arle continued to explain it to me, but then that time happened.
"Oh ho ho HO!"
We heard it from somewhere before. It's Rulue's voice!
"...Well, we found her I guess..." Arle grumbled.
I turned over to where the voice came from...and there was Rulue in a pure white dress! She's standing in the middle of the forest atop of the stairs of a pure white chapel out of nowhere. On her head was a flower-lined veil, and in her hands was a lovely bouquet. In short, Rulue's in a dream of her wedding! Next to her was a tall handsome man in a white tuxedo, with long green hair and two big horns sticking out.
"Wh-Who's that..."
"That's Satan. Rulue's always been head over heels with that guy..." Arle explained.
"Anyhow, I don't know what to think about this~. Rulue may be dreaming, but she's believes Satan's all love-love lovey on her. Ah, weddings...they make me so happy~"
Ring-dong, the chapel bells rang. The wedding veiled and dressed Rulue, with a glowing smile, joined arms with Satan.
"Bweh, oh I see. Getting married to the one you love is a girl's dream...That's so, so super romantic! Nice! So nice! Eeee!"
Seeing Rulue as the bride is such a wonderful sight. Arle, though, seems totally unimpressed at the scene.
"Someone's gotta do it...we can't just leave it be, we're going in there to drop the truth on her, ready Carby?"
"Guguuu!"
Arle sped off to Rulue alongside Carbuncle, and Ringo and I followed after.
"Rulue!"
When Arle called her, Rulue turned and looked downwards from the chapel stairs.
"My my~ Arle. You came for my wedding with darling Satan? Oh ho ho ho!"
"Uh....well..."
"Feast your eyes on the lovey-dovey climax of darling Satan and I! Arle, today you will stay out of darling Satan's reach and give up on him! Oh ho ho ho!"
"Oh. Giving up and wanting nothing to do with him is kinda..."
"Y- You haven't accepted defeat yet!? How stubborn of you, Arle! Do you want peace of mind? At least darling Satan and I will be sharing everlasting happiness! Oh ho ho HO!"
"What to do. Unsurprisingly, she not listening when I try to act all calm and all, Carby...
"Gu guguuu..."
Oh phooey. Hearing that makes understand Arle's troubles a bit. Today, Rulue's not listening to a word she's saying!
"At this rate...we can't even get close to her."
Ringo feels the same way.
"Love is blind, as they say..."
"Blind? What do you mean?"
"When you love, your eyes do not see the meaning of what goes around you."
"I see, love huh...Rulue must love that Satan person very much! Eee!!"
"That makes you happy, Amitie?"
"Butbut, it makes your Love Fire flourish in your heart! That's the feeling I get!"
"Amitie...did you even understand what I said?"
"Yep, a tiny bit!"
Ringo and I were making a bunch of noise, and the Rulue-rivaling Arle started yelling at us.
"C'mon guys, enough with the fooling around and help me out with Rulue!"
"Guguu!"
...Oh, right.
"Heya Arle, the one next to her, the Satan in her dream...I mean, is it alright to say he's fake?" I wanted to confirm it, then Arle nodded.
"Yeah, I think so too. Satan's never been the mature kind of guy."
"Gu!"
Surely those comments about this "darling Satan" person aren't the only ones.
"I see...alrighty!"
I turned to Rulue and called out as loudly as I could.
"Rulue! Heya, all of this is you dream! The Satan you're seeing here is a fake and your wedding is all a lie!"
I'm hoping anything I said would quickly wake Rulue up...
"A-Amitie!! Straight up shattering her disbelief is way too risky!!"
But then Arle tried to stop me in a hurry.
"Buh? Say wha?"
I blankly stared at Arle, carefully listening to what she has to say.
"What. Did. You. Just. Say...?"
Rulue looked down and asked in a low tone. Wha!? Then it just hit me real hard...The bride just said that didn't she!?
"Could you repeat that? The wedding of darling Satan and I is all fake, you say...?"
"U-um, well, but it's true! The Satan there isn't really Satan...The dream's got you all blinded and stuff..."
I totally lost my train of thought trying to explain it.
*Crack*
...Uhh, what was that sound? A-ahahahahaha. Rulue ripped the hand rail off the stairs with one hand...I saw it with my own eyes...
"You realize that I don't forgive anyone that tries to dampen the Fighting Queen's happiness...do you?"
Even in a wedding dress, Rulue got in a fighting pose, using the rail in her hand as a staff. I- I'm scareeeed!
"Sigh. Simply arguing against her is enough to get her riled up so suddenly...looks like I was too late on bringing that up."
"Guguu."
I hid behind Arle and Carbuncle out of fear. Is that Rulue person really that powerful despite wearing pretty clothing!?
"Okay then, what to do..." Ringo pondered, breaking a sweat.
"For now...should we wait until the wedding is over?"
"No. Let's find another way..."
With that said, we split up, stood up, and watched over Rulue's situation. But...
"Ahh...darling Satan, I longed for the day you and I, Rulue, are to be wed! The day I first met you, I knew it was too late for me. You were the one bound to my red string of fate! It was that! Fortune! Destiny! To become the rightful wife of Satan, I, Rulue, took time to perfect my strength and beauty day by day...training alone in the forest, and doing battle with many opponents. Yet, again and again...because of you, darling Satan shrugs off my professions of love. My heart aches each times, I aim higher than ever, fortifying my devoted pursuit of him! Thinking back to that, is that Satan's way of kindness? Not so easily accepting of my love is cruel, but that profound prudence and chivalry...that's just like darling Satan! That'll make me live with such everlasting happiness! I, Rulue, am actually quite the family-oriented one. Does darling Satan prefer his eggs sunny-side up or soft-boiled I wonder? Or perhaps hard-boiled? Ahh, darling Satan can have it any way he wants it! Oh. That's. Right...I think our new home should have a red roof, but darling Satan's castle would be wonderful! Ah, yes yes, our honeymoon..."
......
"Heya, Arle. Is she gonna stop anytime soon?" I timidly murmured after a while.
"Well, she tends to go on and on for an eternity and a half..."
Ringo's, though, has a distant look in her eyes.
"Ah, uh...I didn't mean it that way, but I kinda feel bad for Rulue and owe her an apology...sorry."
"Guguu..."
Arle took a breath from her confusing thoughts. Even after all this time, Rulue hasn't stopped her delusional recital. Her delusions of taking Satan's hand, gazing longingly to pass the time, she's basking in that happiness of hers. Satan smiled and chuckled at Rulue's chatter, making a comment about her having a lot of fun.
"Rulue really loves Satan, huh. I honestly think that's great and all...but I definitely shouldn't follow her footsteps." Arle shrugged.
Then Rulue continued, "Oh darling Satan, at times, we'd engage in a Puyo battle of love! A battle with Satan is sweetly fervent..."
Arle stood up hearing that.
"A Puyo match, you say. Aside from being driven crazy from waiting, I'm always up for a straight up battle. Right, Carby?"
"Hey, Arle. You got something on your mind?"
I looked at Arle in confusion, and she just winked back at me.
"Yup! Now that she mentioned it, for a long time, I was thinking it wasn't the one spell to wake her up. In other words..."
Arle picked up Carbuncle and briskly approached Rulue.
"Rulue! Let's play Puyo!"
She finished her dance with Satan and turned to Arle with a sour look.
"What is it, Arle? You're still here?"
"Rulue! Play Puyo with me!"
"No! Why play Puyo at a time like this!?"
"Erh. Uhh...well. If I win the Puyo battle, Satan's mine..." Arle, somehow, but very reluctantly said.
"That's completely monotone. Fight, Arle!" Ringo muttered idly.
But despite hearing those words, Rulue happily gave a spirited answer.
"Well! I knew you were here to snatch Satan from me! Tearing the lovely couple apart is unforgivable!"
"Whew, I provoked her into a Puyo battle, Carby."
"Guguu!"
"Anyway...let's go, Rulue!"
"Come forth, Arle!"
"Time to play Puyo!"
Puyo pop when you put at least four of the same color together. When you do that, a mysterious power awakens. That is the basis of a "Puyo Battle", but you shouldn't just pop like crazy. Popping any of the lower Puyo makes the other Puyo on top of it fall. When those falling Puyo match up and pop, that causes a continuous reaction of popping one after another. We call those "chains", and when you pop Puyo reguarly, a powerful mysterious power awakens! You've gotta make big chains and you've gotta concentrate. Arle and Rulue are piling Puyo one after another to see who can make the stronger attack.
*Bloop, bloop, bloop...*
"Carby, get the Red Puyo over here please!"
"Guu!"
"Nice, Carby! Get the Blue Puyo next!"
"Gugu gu!"
"Alright! We're on a roll!"
Things are looking great for Arle and Carbuncle's pile-up. Goody-goody! ...But...
"Darling Satan~, Please watch me~! I, Rulue, will be giving my all for you~!"
Rulue's not even that focused on the Puyo battle. Sometimes she's waving at Satan while stacking the Puyo, and as I continue to watch, I feel her pile is going to be kinda messy. Then eventually...
"We've got a chain now! Let's go, Carby!"
"Gu gugu!"
"And now...*Braindumed!*"
Arle's spell finished first! Rulue, still sneaking peeks at Satan, takes a direct hit.
"EEEEEK!!"
Then Rulue was knocked down on her back from Arle's power.
"Hah...Game's over, Rulue. Satan's got to go."
"Gugugugugugu!"
Both Arle and Carbuncle put their hand on their side as they said their word.
"Ngh...How dare you. Ah, darling Satan, I'm sorry I was so weak..."
Rulue wiped her tears away with her flowery veil, looking at Satan with glittering eyes. With that, Satan gave her a kind smile and shook his head. Then he held out his hand to kindly pull her back up.
"Eeh!? Darling Satan, you still love me even if I, Rulue, lost to Arle!? You'd support me and forgive my weakness...!? Oh Satan! How selfless of you!"
Looks like Rulue's Delusion Theater continues to run.
"Uh....Uhm, now what?" I sighed.
"I don't think we can still intervene in the set-in-stone delusion," Ringo broke a sweat.
Then suddenly, Arle started shouting angrily.
"...what gives!? Do you even care, Rulue!?"
"Gugu!"
"...eh?"
Rulue pulled herself together after flirting with Satan, then turned over to Arle.
"Is the Satan you love all that sweet-sweet on you? You whine and whine, yet he doesn't give two Nuisance Puyo about it. Is this the Satan you want!? You gave everything to become strong and win Satan's affection, and you did it day by day!"
"......"
Rulue looked straight into Arle's eyes, not moving an inch. And behind her was Satan, smiling and laughing like always...but...
*Poof!*
Satan disappeared into the Dream Mist.
"Arle...I see. That's what you mean." Rulue's voice quivered. "Darling Satan is a chivalrous and sublime gentleman. My....My training and endeavors ended up going unnoticed by him, but he still looked this way...even if I carelessly lost and he came to console me, this is not what Satan is..."
*Poof! Poof! Poof!*
In the middle of Rulue's speech, the white chapel, the flowery veil, and the bouquet disappeared into the Dream Mist one after another. The last thing, the bridal dress, is what's left on Rulue. Rulue went and stood up.
"It's settled! Once the real Satan recognizes my prowess, that's when I'll be his bride! Thi~s dream I've spent time in, begone!"
With an uplifting announcement, she took and unfolded a fan, then let out a big "Oh ho ho HO!". Rulue realized her dream just now, and somehow is acting like an entirely new self!
"Whew...I thought she'd never revert back, huh, Carby?" Arle sighed, with Carbuncle answering "Gu gu!" to her.
"Ah, I'm off to meet the real Satan after waking up so soon. Well then, Arle...If I may? I certainly won't lose in our next Puyo match!"
*Poof!*
She folded her fan up and pointed at Arle with it before disappearing into the Dream Mist. Like usual, I went and collected it with the little chest.
"Good job, Arle!"
I rushed over to Arle, and she took a deep breath.
"Whew, I did it! ...but, she's still strong as usual. Was challenging the dream Rulue a bit too much though?"
Carbuncle bounced about after hearing it.
"Gu gugu guu!"
"Eh? You say it's all good, Carby?
"Gu gu!"
"Aha, well then! You did good too, Carby!"
"Gugu~♪"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!