Amitie and the Mysterious Egg Chapter 10 - To the Forest Again

Hello-! The name’s Amitie! I’m a student of the Primp Magic School in the peaceful Primp Town! My dream is to become a wonderful magic user.♪ I’m not that great at studying, and maybe a bit clumsy, but I’m always the cheerful one. Nice to meet you! But anyway, let me tell you what I’m doing.
“Wh-Whaaaaaaaaaaat! Where am I now!?”
I lost my way in the forest...
“W-weird. I thought we could go straight here.”
Off to my right is Ringo, tapping her chin with her finger.
“But this is a surprise. There’s no doubt about what you said, there really is a mysterious forest, that shows up out of nowhere~. Right, Carby!”
“Guguu!”
And off to my left is Arle and Carbuncle, saying it without a care in the world.


A couple moments ago, I wanted to go play with my friends like usual, heading to the park from school. Then I came across this forest I've never seen before...
"...Uh, eeeeeeh!? Th-This forest, uh, ummummumm...!"
Yep! What I saw was that very forest where I found Tama! It disappeared before anyone knew it, and after a lot of searching to find it, it suddenly appeared! I took a detour from the park, and headed to it full speed ahead. I even brought along Ringo and Arle.


But but, even if this forest appeared again, I don't think I'll see Tama again! The last time I went in here, it just disappeared, and it bothered me. This time, I've got everyone with me! ...still, I feel like I achieved something coming back here, just walking along these trees. I didn't even get lost along the one-colored scenery! That's what I'd say, if I didn't get totally lost.
"Guguuu?"
"Uh, Carby. Didn't Amitie say there were some delicious fruit around here?"
"Gu gu!"
"Ye~p. I kinda want to try one, but it doesn't look like the trees don't have any fruit~."
"Guguguu~!"
I listened in on Arle and Carbuncle's little talk, while Ringo mumbled "I'm kinda hungry...". I'm hungry too actually, because my stomach's grum~bling.
"Heya... if we can't leave this forest, what can we do~."
I talked to myself, but then Ringo raised her index finger.
"However it may be, it is clear we must think logically!"
"Ah, that's amazing! But what do you mean by loh-gi-kalee?"
"Ah yes...As it is, our ability to walk is hindered by overwhelming hunger, to the point where everyone will collapse!"
"......"
Everyone went quiet. And then it hit us.
"Noooo! Someone heeeeeeeeeelp!"
Everyone's screaming echoed throughout the forest. Aaaagh, it'd be great if I could see Tama again when I got here, but it didn't happen! And then it happened.
*Fwoosh*...
"Huh? What was that sound just now?"
I thought I heard something right above me, beyond the branches and even higher. Arle and Ringo just tilted their heads. Hm~mm, did I hear wrong? I kept looking around me, can't shaking that feeling, and there was another whooshing sound. I definitely heard it this time. It's that sound. The sound of a giant bird flapping its wings. It's that same sound from the day we were on top of the tower! I looked at Arle and Ringo. Oh, it looks like they heard it!
"Arle, Ringo, over there...!"
"Hm, is that..."
"No mistaking it!"
"Gugu!"
We looked at each other, then we began running in that direction.
"Tamaaaa!"
To top it off, I shouted its name. I wished for everyone. The sound of Tama's flapping wings...I got to see Tama! I ran for a few seconds, right through the forest bushes. I chased after the wings' sound, jumping around without stopping. I don't think I can meet Tama in person, that's just desperation. Still, I jumped through the shrubs and into another view. Of course, I was surprised.
"Eeh!?"
It looks like a small, open grassy area within these bushes. At the center of the grassy patch is some fruit on the place I met Tama that day...Shiny and big, and it's a really dense pile! It's about as tall as I am. I continued on and into the grass clearing, and then Arle and Ringo caught up...
"Wowee!"
"I-Isn't this the fruit Amitie talked about!?"
They stopped and stood there with their eyes wide open.
*Flapflapflapflap*...
Oh yeah, I wasn't chasing after Tama! I thought I could run after the sound of wings from sky-high, but I really couldn't. Anyhow, I still looked up into the sky, where the wings' sound is, and it got quieter. The sound was going away, and I jumped up onto one of the forest tree branches, still looking up.
"..."
All three of us were quiet. I thought I'd get to see Tama again...Is it doing alright? Around this time, I thought I heard something...Arle was the one to open her mouth and start talking.
"I'm pretty sure these fruits are a gift to Amitie."
And then Ringo spoke right after.
"Huh...a present from Tama..."
"I-Is it really..."
I felt a little disappointed from that. I thought I'd see it again, but I couldn't get one glance. It's making me cry a little. The wing sound from earlier must have been from another bird, and the fruit is just here by coincidence. And yet...
*Rustle rustle*! *woooosh*...Puyo-n!
"What the-!?"
Right around the high tree branches was a single, Golden Puyo falling down and bouncing on my head. I got confused for a moment, but then I instantly went to catch the Puyo.
"Th-this is..."
"Amitie! It's Tama!"
Surprised in a split-second, Ringo called out just as joyfully.
"Hurry, go and throw it!"
"Gugu!"
Arle and Carbuncle happily shouted.
"R-Right. Taaaaaaaake this!"
In a hurry, I threw the Puyo up high with all my might! And then...I heard a "Flapflapflapflap" sound. And then the Puyo didn't come back down. "Is Tama really here?", I thought. Still, It's definitely Puyo Catch with Tama right now!
"Geez, Tama. You're still a glutton, thinking that's some kind of food..."
I gradually felt better as I said that. Even if we're far apart, Tama's still thinking of me, and I know I'll still be thinking of Tama.
"Thank you, Tama!"
I waved up into the sky.
"Gu gugu~!"


Carbuncle, starting to get impatient, went and jumped into the mountain of fruit.

Comments

  1. I'm glad it was a bittersweet ending instead of a truly sad one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that everything turned out ok! (also just a theory: What if Tama visits Amitie every once in a while at the Primp park?)

      Delete
  2. that would make my day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!