Satan’s Space Amusement Park Chapter 5 - The Peppy Clown’s Showtime

Once the contest was done, Draco-Centaur and Witch gave us the slip before we even knew it.
"I think they probably got sent back to the world they were before." Arle commented, sounding concerned about the two.
"Yeah, though those two are quite the chaotic pair, huh? Are they alright I wonder...?" I anxiously pondered, only to get a puzzled look and a chuckle from Arle.
"Come on. Sure Satan is a bit of a nutcase, but he's not all that evil. He tends to run his mouth for an eternity, but in reality he's got good intentions. It's hard to explain...He's that guy that you feel sorry for, but you can't really be too hard on."
A nutcase, but not a bad person? It doesn't really click with me, so I turned over to Ringo. Yet, Ringo's expression matches Arle's, complete with a wry smile.
"Indeed. Same with Ecolo. Ecolo's condoned these things purely for fun and happiness... Ah, however, due to being incredibly whimsical, the end result tends to be a bit more chaotic than intended. Even if I am fearful of the worst, Ecolo's not some problem kid."
"Hm-hmm...uh huh. I see, I...guess?"
This is all so confusing to me. These two have been dealing with the likes of people like Satan and Ecolo, but they have reasons to get furious, yet not hate them.
"I can believe it!" Arle and Ringo gave me a "Wha-" of disbelief when I told them so. Did I hit an awkward chord?
"What do you mean?"
"Satan's always gushing stuff about Arle and Carbuncle, right?"
"Y-yeah."
"Gu."
"And Ecolo's always drawing out only Ringo..."
"All things considered, that is the case."
"What's wrong then? Why is getting everyone together a no-go?"
"A-About that..."
"Satan in particular calls and treats you like his fiance, doesn't he? Is he not your friend? You're cool with being his fiance, right~?"
"...!" It's been a question I've been sitting on for a while, but Arle blushed when I asked her up-front.
"Hey Ringo, is it possible to get even more fiances?"
"W-well uh. I assume it would be very difficult..."
"Oh what, well that's not really good~...uh, hey, what's going on guys?" When I looked, Ringo was blushing too. Couldn't help but follow-up in a hurry. "Er, uhm well, uhh, ahm...don't tell me!"
"What's wrong, Amitie?"
"Do you not like me~? Tagging with me, I mean?"
"...Amitie, that's not it at all."
"Really? If it's not that, then am I dead weight?"
"No...?"
Arle and Ringo pondered for a bit.
"You have plenty of friends at school, don't you?"
"Yup!" I cheerfully replied, thinking about everyone back at the Primp Magic School.
"Among those, are there two you want to be with?"
"Wha!?"
Tough question. Why would they ask me something like that? I pictured each of them one by one, wondering which two in particular... G-Geez. This is awkward.
"Two people that are fun and want to be with above all else..." I grumbled, looking distressed.
"I see."
Arle and Ringo looked at me.
"Okay then, it seems you lack an answer right now...."
"Huh!?"
Oh shoot! If they're saying that, do they know that I don't know right now? Then why don't they spell it out to me?
"Ah! Look here, check out the next attraction for the Stamp Rally!"
"The next one seems to be a Clown Show!"
"A-Arle, Ringo, wait up~!"
And in the end, I am totally lost. I have a feeling I'm reading Arle and Ringo's feelings wrong, following behind and after them.
"Hey, look over there! That guy's got a bunch of balloons!"
"That's a clown! Though, he seems to be crouching down towards something..."
"And seemingly speaking to that something..."
I knew something would be happening at this attraction sooner or later! With that in mind, the three of us inched towards the clown. He's wearing a flashy clown outfit, and is surrounded by round-looking...huh?
"Oh hey, those are Dongurigaeru!"
"You know those, Amitie?" Ringo secretly asked.
"Yep, they're acorn-shaped frogs that hang around the lakes in Primp Town's forests. They're they type that sing a lot..."
"Aww...you're so cute♪"
"Yeah, they're really are...wait, wha?"
Whose voice was that just now? After trading looks, everyone shook their head. D-Don't tell me the voice came form...
"If just one is this cute, then gathering much more is all the more adorable♪"
"Ribbit♪"
"Good frog~, you want to play Puyo~?"
"Rib~bit rib~bit rib~!"
"Th...that clown!"
Ah, all of that gushing and flattery is meant for the clown's surrounding Dongurigaeru!
"It's there, right there, that voice is...!" Arle trembled from hearing it. She turned over to the clown's direction...and then..."SCHEZOOOO!"
He's got silver hair and is quite tall and handsome. He's acquainted with Arle, and always wears armor and a cape. And hanging on his waist is his partner, the Dark Sword...well, usually that is.
"A-Arle!!"
"Schezo, what's with the getup!?"
Today, he's got this weird clown costume and cap. He's also wearing a big red round nose on his face, and said sheathed Dark Sword has a colorful ribbon tied on. On his arms, a bunch of balloons are tied at the wrists, swaying around as he moves. Putting aside playing around with the Dongurigaeru, Schezo gave Arle the pointer finger.
"So it really is you that entangled me in this matter, Arle!"
"No no no, it's not me, it's Satan! But anyway, what's the deal with that outfit!?"
"Don't ask me!! This predicament is jester's play, this amusement park that stands is a joke of the ages...And this chance encounter with the Dongurigeru..."
"The ones you were enamored, and blew off on playing with."
"Wh- What I want is some form of reprieve!" Schezo flushed red from Arle's retort. "Well, nonetheless, I suspected it was all that Satan's doing. On the contrary, he's poured higher hopes this scheme than normal...Where is here, first of all? And how do you suppose there's a way to return? Do tell me if you know, Arle."
"L-Let's see. Satan's got help from that black shadow Ecolo this time around..."
"Black shadow...?"
"Yeah. We happen to be 'invited' to this amusement park. It's likely we have to fill up this stamp rally card before we could go home."
"Hm..."
"The attractions are nothing but weirdness...Yeah uh, I even had a run-in with Draco and Witch earlier."
"What?"
"And you're no different, getting roped into this too...so you say."
"I see." Schezo abruptly interrupted, hand on his chin as he took it all in. "So that's it. I have sufficient understanding."
"You caught on quickly." Ringo added.
"Ah, but I have grown well acquainted by Satan's antics. Furthermore, that black shadow has the power to cross space-time, no? With their powers combined, they've created a dimension from Primp for this amusement park, summoning a familiar cast of actors for this..."
"...pf."
Oh, Schezo continued his serious talk. I ended up spouting out a laugh partway. It ended up being contagious, as Arle and Ringo couldn't hold it and were at the breaking point of laughter.
"Pfheheh...hehehe, heheh...!"
"A-...aha-...ahaha...!"
"Wh- what. What's going on, you three!?" Schezo's looking incredibly flustered and about to pick a fight...
"Ahahahahahahahaha!" The three of us bursted out into laughter.
"S-Stop that!"
"Schezo, don't even bother trying to be all stiff when you're a clown!"
"Speaking in this appearance doesn't meld well!"
"Wh...!" Schezo's about ready to blow a fuse. "I don't even like wearing this accursed thing! I am simply confined to wearing this and nothing else...!"
"I get it, I get it Schezo, no need to throw a fit! It's just the balloons bouncing around are what's killing me right now~~~!"
"Gugugugugu~!"
It's no use, Schezo getting seriously ticked off is still hilarious.
"I demand you hear me out!"
"No can do! Can't breathe, you're killing me here~!"
"Calm yourself and have some patience!"
"Even the Dark Sword is decked out in frills and cuteness!"
"Confound it, you~~~!"  "I won't stand for this!"
"Whoahwhoahwhoah! Now he's mad!" I panicked...
"Yipes, Clown Schezo's brought out the Dark Sword~!"
"Gugugugugu~!"
As for Arle and Carbuncle, they grasped their gut to settle themselves down. Oh fiddlesticks, the stream of events is hitting us like a truck!
"Rragh! Cease your laughter this instant! NOW!"
But Arle, Carbuncle, and I stopped laughing it up just now...
"And we'll do it in Puyo!"
"Of course~~~!"
Look at that! A game of Puyo's starting up!

As I mentioned earlier, Puyo pop when at least four of the same color connect. Once they do, they let out a mysterious power. Popping Puyo does takes some getting used to. If you pop Puyo at the bottom of a tall stack of them, the stack cascades on down to the ground. Once they fall into place, they still can match and pop another group of four or more right after. This is what we call a “chain.” As we pop the Puyo, we can use a bunch of different spells. And with the big Puyo chains, we can use the really strong spells. In short, if you make a lot of big chains, you’re going to be strong.
“To battle...Sting Shade!” With Schezo under full-on Rage Mode, he quickly made a chain and fired off a spell.
“Aah~~~!” I didn't have any chains readied up at all! And just like that, a mountain of Puyo came crashing down on me. "Oh p-phooey~..."
"Are you okay, Amitie!?"
"Ugh. Schezo's looking all funny but he's still just as strong!"
Ringo and Arle came bolting to the rescue, but then...
"Who are you calling funny...Areiado!"
"NNNOOOO!"
"Owowowow!"
This time Schezo fired a spell at Ringo and Arle! Now what? I can't reach out to them~!
"Now you've done it...Ice Storm!"
"Guguguguguugu!"
Arle and Carbuncle whipped up a counter attack...
"Hmph...Just a mere breeze? Dunamis!"
"Kh-!"
He keeps deflecting the Nuisance Puyo no matter what spell it is! Nuisance Puyo are the really annoying Puyo that rain down on you when your opponent makes chains. They don't even pop when you try to group them together. Instead, when you pop Puyo right next to those, they pop and go away with them...they make chain building tough when they're around.
"Arle, Ringo, give it your best!"
"W-We are giving this our best though..." Arle and Ringo are still frantically building up chains. But...
"The red nose and balloons are extraordinarily disturbing my concentration!"
Seems Schezo is being way too funny to keep them focused.
"Don't you DARE speak of my appearance! Thunderstorm!"
"AAAAH!"
W-w-w-what do we do!? At this rate, on top of Schezo being too hilarious, we're done for! Um, uhm, what can I do...oh yeah! I remember seeing Schezo playing and talking with the Dongurigaeru earlier.
"Ribbit, ribbit ribbit?"
Something like frog-speak happened... Sweet! The angry-ish Schezo turned over to the frightened Dongurigaeru.
"Ribbit?" he answered.
"Ribbit rib~bit...What's wrong? Ah, Schezo's the one to put you at ease."
"Ribbit? Rib rib rib..."
"So then, you wish to sing a song together for me?"
"Ribbit ribbit rib~♪"
I have a feeling I get where they're going with this! When Dongurigaeru gather and group up, they begin to sing together in a chorus.
Rib~bit rib~bit rib~♪
Pop pop pop~♪
Rib~bit ribbit rib~♪
Ribbit ribbit rib~♪
"Aww, that's so cute!" I couldn't help but applaud for them. What a Dongurigaeru Chorus! Okay, now then... When I looked over, Schezo bolted up and got his focus on them.
"S-...So cute!"
Nailed it! With Schezo distracted with the group of Dongurigaeru, it means I have to get them back in the game!
"Okay, Arle, Ringo, NOW!" I called out.
"Nice one, Amitie! Let's go, Carby!"
"Gugu guu!"
"Allow me to assist, Arle!"
"One, two...Braindumed!"
*ka-BO~OM!*
"UWAAAAAAH!" Arle and Ringo set up and dumped a ton of Nuisance Puyo on Schezo!
"You know, I feel bad about not looking away from Schezo..."
"But he is rather deceptive in spite of his humorous look."
"C-Confound it...I said this appearance was something not of my creation..." Schezo grumbled, peeking out from the Nuisance Puyo pile. Uh...I kinda feel sorry for him...


"...well, let's get back on track."
"Arle. I've been trying to speak with a level of seriousness the entire time."
After that craziness, we talked with Schezo face-to-face.
"Well, when you put it that way, I'll let that one slide."
"Hey."
"You remember what Satan and Ecolo said earlier? We have no choice but to gather up the stamps to get outta here, and it's really annoying as it is."
"Gu gugu!"
"Yep yep. This attraction is also on the weird side of things..."
"Is that so. And this serves as the boundary. I shall accompany you." Schezo crossed his arms and scoffed. But...
"Wha- We're fine, Schezo." Arle objected and shook her head.
"And how so!?" Schezo glared.
"If you tag along as you are, everyone will drop dead laughing from your sheer hilarity incontinence. Right, Carby?"
"Gu gu!"
"Oh wait, if Draco and Witch seemingly headed back once their attraction wrapped up, wouldn't Schezo go back if he gave us the stamp?"
"Oh, do give us the stamp, please."
"Why you..." Schezo angrily clenched his fist. But he regained his composure and cleared his throat. Then he suddenly started shouting things. "Ah, the clown costume has grown popular with Arle and her friends! Much laughs and smiles have been made!"
"S-Schezo? What's with the half-hearted stuff..."
And to surprise me more, Schezo just went poof in the smoke. Once it cleared, there stood Schezo as his usual self.
"W-what the-?"
"Hmph, I do have a faint understanding of what that old man is thinking. I'm more than pleased to think higher of you three...to certain limits. Should you speak ill of me, I will return to my old views of you. Thus, I will be vigilant to what is said, and keep watch of any actions from thence onward."
"Whoah, that's wicked stuff!"
"I...find his views on Satan actually promising~"
Arle and I admired his efforts.
"Do accustom yourselves to it. Let's get going."
"Figures that Schezo would go tag along..."
"Your feelings of being locked into this mess are mutual. Time and time again, that old man puts himself so highly, only to be crushed by Nuisance Puyo amassed..." Schezo said, clenching a fist. Then... "Furthermore, I must not allow Satan to sweep Arle away. Arle, you...belong to me!" Schezo pointed at Arle.
"What!? Huh!? This is so unexpected...EEEE!!"

Though I might be seeing black and white at this daring proposal...
"Cool it, Amitie. He meant 'I want your power' just now. Let's just leave Schezo and his perverted blunders be."
"Ah!? Ah, that's what it is. Geez~ got me in a loop there..."
Come to think about it, he did this sort of thing when I first met him.
"Seems to be the Pervert Quality equilibrium. I believe we should be heading out about now." Seems Ringo's on the same page.
"Tch...Do not call me a pervert!"
"hey, we've got one set done, Carby!"
"Gugu!"
"Wh-why you....ARLE~~~!!" Schezo shouted furiously into the amusement park.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!