Satan’s Space Amusement Park Chapter 4 - The Beauty Contest!

"We finally got the second stamp, Carby!"
"Gu gugu!"
"What kind of attraction is the next one, I wonder..."
Everyone briskly passed through the garden in this discussion. Whatever's waiting for us, I'm a bit nervous...but at the same time, kinda excited. That's how I feel about this.

"Let's see, the next stop is the center stage!" I reread the card for confirmation.
"Some kind of show huh...Oh, is that the stage?" Arle pointed over in that direction. As you'd expect, there's a ton of seating for it, and there stage itself is huge too. But...
"There's...no one there."
Yep. As Ringo said, there's no one there at the seats and the stage. With all the other attractions being all sparkly and glittery with the decor, it's kinda sad and lonely down here.
"Well anyway, let's go check it out." I declared, scurrying on over to the stage, bringing Arle and Ringo along. Nothing's happening though.
"Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm bold enough to go up on stage..."
"Let's still give it a try."
With that said, we continued onward up the steps and onto the stage. Then once everyone got up on the stage...
*flash!*
A dazzling light suddenly flashed right down on us!
"Eh? Wha-" I got confused, up until I heard an announcement up above. This time, it's a voice I don't recognize.
"It's the moment you've all been waiting for, it's time to start the Sparkling✰Beauty Contest! I'm your host, Server A, at your service!"
Yeaaaaaaah!
Upon doing a double-take, what used to be empty seating turned into a huge roaring crowd cheering loud as they can be! With a closer look, I see a bony guy, a fish-like person, among a bunch of not-so-normal looking people, and no time to ponder about it...
"We've gathered up five cute and beautiful contestants! And among them, only one shall be crowned the champion!"
"Eh- Wait- Wha-... It's a Beauty Contest~~~!?"
That's right. The three of us got up on stage to participate for some mystery contest before we even realized it! W- W-W-Wh- What do I do though!? I turned over to Arle and Ringo to get some help- uh what? On top of Ringo and Arle, there's two other girls I've never seen before.
"I knew you'd show up, Arle! And in today's beauty contest, I'm going to top the ranks and you by a landslide!" said the green-haired girl, energetically waving her hand up high. She's even got wings on her back and a tail down lower. As for the next one over...
"Oh hohoho! No matter how you slice it, my true power is in the art of being cute and number one...So of course I'll be the prevailing champion!" said the blue-robed, blue-capped girl. She's got blonde hair, and a red ribbon is tied snugly around her waist.
"Draco! Witch!" Arle exclaimed in surprise.
Oh yeah huh, they're Arle's friends of hers. People have been springing up in Primp Town the same way Arle did as of late, actually. To start, this girl here is Draco-Centauros, a dragon-human girl hybrid. I guess she's been dreaming to be a champ at beauty contests for forever. But since beauty contests don't happen so often, she's been beating at the bushes. And this one here is Witch, a- well, a witch trainee. She's a bit on the prideful side. Brewing potions is her specialty, and she's studying all sorts of it every day, aiming to be a full-fledged witch. Lastly, she's a pretty clever shopkeeper, taking what she could get to the best of her ability...I think.
"W-what are you doing here!?" We went up to the two of them. Their sudden appearance, getting roped into a beauty contest, what the heck is happening!?
"Oh please, I have no idea how we even showed up."
"And before we knew it, we're right here."
Draco-Centauros and Witch sounded a bit too enthusiastic with that answer.
"Y-You're in such a state and you don't worry or question it at all?" Ringo muttered, sounding a bit surprised...
"But hey, even if I don't have a clue, it's still a beauty contest, right? This chance is a rare opportunity! RAWR!"
"Still, I don't know why I'm here, but I wonder if I can take the top? An ea~sy victory would be a nice treat to take home with me!"
"Your ability to adapt is beyond explanation!" Ringo interrupted.
"If I may, contestants?" the host guy asked, taking hold of the mike.
"Y-Yes!?"
"Could you please head to the waiting room and prepare, so we could perhaps begin judging?"
"Prepare?"
"Yes, to give us your utmost beauty contest appeal, you would need to doll up with dresses and make up, for one! Don't fret, for the waiting room has a plethora of dresses of all sizes and styles to rack up those points, as well as tools of the make-up trade!"
"Fwah...b-but..."
"Do you have questions?"
"Nah~, when it comes to beauty contests, I tend to get embarrassed for whatever reason..."
I've never used make-up at all before. I don't even know where to start with this whole appeal thing he's talking about!
"Yeah uh, I'm not feeling it either."
"Winning won't matter if there is a lack of incentive."
Arle and Ringo both look puzzled. But then...
"I see...if you don't take the top, I will not give you the stamp you need. Are you sure about that?"
"Uh..."
"Now then! If you want the stamp, hurry on over to the waiting room! Miss Draco-Centauros and Miss Witch are already headed there!"
"G...gosh darn iiiit!" Ringo shouted.
As soon as the stamp was brought up, we had no choice but to join! The three of us then scampered over to the waiting room.

We finally got to the waiting room the host guy talked about, with one wall loaded with all sorts of dresses, a pretty make-up set right next to it, as well as some sparkly accessories... With Arle and Ringo splitting up to do their own thing, I guess it's one of those "On your own" scenarios here. I stood in front of the big mirror here to plan myself out. I've got to make myself cuter than everyone else. I need to psyche myself up to get that stamp!
"............"
Yeah, get psyched...get psyched...
......
"Gotta be the super cutest of them all~!"
I gave myself a determined smile. I know I've gotta get psyched for this, so I went and checked out the fluffy dresses, and took a look at the unfamiliar make-up set. H-how do I choose one if I like them all!? I think the nerves are getting to me. I think this is what they call a 'girl's intuition'. Hmm, which one should I try out? The glittery and frilly dress here looks nice, the make up here...has lipstick, eye shadow, cheek blush, perfume... Wow, it's fit for a princess. Let's get started! I reached out for the red lipstick and applied it... Uh, only a bit is coming out? Let's try that again, and applied it... Then I began puffing on the powder. What color should I dab above my eyes? Ah, it's pretty fun! I'm getting really into it don'tcha think? I took another look at the mirror to check, feeling quite good.

"Okay, our lovely ladies have finished their preparations!"
It's judging time! I tried my darnest to dress up, and my heart's pounding as I stand here. With a lone spotlight coming right down on the stage, I wonder who's the most stylish of them all? The stage top was dark, and I can't see anyone here or there in it.
Woo woo woo!
The wait's killing me!
The audience began roaring. There was even whistling piercing through the crowd. Everyone's anticipating it. W-W-W-W-W-What now. Did I just win the entire thing!? Will they call me up if I'm the top contestant!? Oh gee~ This is awkward~. But that'll make me happy either way!
"Now then...light the stage!"
*flash!*
"......"
"......"
*silence...*
All the cheering and enthusiasm that enveloped the stage somehow went quiet. And in the next moment...
"Wh- what is- this is it~~~!?"
"It has to be Amitie!"
"All of you, none of you deserve to be stage quality!"
"Why don't you just say it's Witch!"
The stage exploded into huge mayhem! But see, everyone else looks ridiculous! First off, Ringo. Ringo's face is white as a sheet from make up, and she's even got the lipstick. To me, she's kinda painful to look at, and while the dress that wraps around her is quite pretty, her make-up is more like a mess-up!
"Ringo! What the heck is that!?"
"Ufufufu...I took a more traditional aesthetic approach. So maiko is the theme I chose!"
"Ma-i-ko? What's a maiko?"
"They're a profession that come from my home world. They wear white make-up, and their dress attire are kimonos. It's an old and historic style."
"H-Huh..."
The white face is a bit scary, and there's this awkward silence out here... But still, we're obviously in a contest, aren't we! Next up is Draco-Centauros. She's being that one person who butts in...
"Rawr! I knew I'd be number one!"
"Ah huh...what's with the animal costume!!?"
"Got it from the waiting room of course~ As the one aiming for the top, I've gotta stand out! Check it out, you see the tail moving?"
"Does that even have to do anything with a beauty contest!?"
"Huh? Oh yeah. Least I got my flame breath, RAWR!"
"Gah!"
"Oh stop that Draco, you may know how to look good, but don't go burning down the stage!" Witch gave it to her straight...
"Hey uh, Witch...the heck is that?"
"Oh hohoho! Only the exceptional fashion sense that is forefront punk rock dress code!"
Witch's blonde hair is tied up all-back, and her face has a big star painted on it. The clothes itself has all this shiny cloth and sequins, torn and ripped up in places and decorated with chains...And are those fake nails on her hands? They're eerily long and black too.
"Oh hohoho! Are you supposed to be some kind of clay doll~?"
"Hold it, Witch! Are you nuts trying to say those things at the last minute!?" Arle butted in against an upbeat Witch.
Overall, the vibes I'm getting don't feel right...T-this doesn't feel like a beauty contest at all.
"Whew. Everyone finally showed up!" I sighed. Well then, are they going to pick me as number one for going the typical make-up and dress route? ...but then...
"Amitie..."
"Uhm well, Amitie, it seems you had deplorable mishap...?"
"Get real!"
Ringo and Arle gave me a sad and worried look.
"Wh-where, where!?"
"Your lipstick stands out, but stands out in a monstrous sense..."
"And with the eye shadow overboard, it makes you look like a blue panda..."
"The blush is akin to perfectly round pink stickers..."
"And you can't even fit in the dress's size in the first place."
"The hem drags far too much!"
"And the ribbon on your head is a bit much..."
"This is moreso the starting point of a comedy skit!"
"Wh- Wha~~~t!?"Just like that, for sure, even a little, I couldn't help but outburst in an almost eardrum-breaking loudness! "B-Butbut what about that maiko stuff, the costume thing, and the gross punk rock? That's not any better!"
"Those comments are unacceptable! You don't understand the beauty of the maiko!"
"Rawr! But this sort of this is the cool thing! That's uncalled for!"
"And who are you calling gross!? I oughta smack you with my broom for that!"
And the stage exploded into chaos.
"H-Hello, easy now~...we need to begin..." The host timidly said, in a hopeless attempt to calm everyone down. O-Oh right! It's a contest. The audience needs to put in their vote. In response, we scrambled to face at them.
"A-And now for the announcement! The winner of the Sparkling✰Beauty Contest is..."
With a nervous gulp, I waited and crossed my fingers.
"Miss Arle!"
Woohoo!
Number one's the decent one!
Congrats!
"A...ahaha." Arle began blushing from right as she took a step for a getaway. Oh yeah huh, despite all that noise, she's the only one being her usual self. She didn't even stand out!
"And to our winner Arle, I give you the stamp!"
"Yay...I'm so happy huh...right, Carby..."
"Guu..."
Arle and Carbuncle flatly cheered.
"Wai- Wha- You did absolutely nothing at all, Arle?" I asked, and she nodded.
"Yup, I don't know a single thing about applying make-up, and none of the dresses really ring with me. I was backed into a corner on what to do, and time was running out...but somehow something like this happens..."
"There you have it, a job well done to our lovely contestants! How about some closing words from our winner, Arle!" The host put the mike right in front of Arle.
"Umm, honestly, considering I was picked by process of elimination, to put it lightly...THANK GOODNESS I GOT THE STAMP!!" Arle shouted out in desperation.

Comments

  1. Hehe, I wanted to see Ringo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is this ecolo?!?! HOLY SHIT IT IS!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!