Satan’s Space Amusement Park Chapter 1 - Satan and Ecolo Appear!

Hello-! The name’s Amitie! I’m a student of the Primp Magic School in the peaceful Primp Town! My dream is to become a wonderful magician.♪ I’m not that great at studying, and maybe a bit clumsy, but I’m always the cheerful one. Nice to meet you!
I’m kinda in the middle of something right now. I’m at the park with my friends, Arle, Ringo, and also Carbuncle, in the middle of a game of tag!
“We’re over here, Amitie!”
The blue-armored girl that said it while running around is Arle. She's had her share of various adventures long before showing up to Primp Town and becoming a friend. Since then, she's been hanging out here pretty often.
"Gu guguuguu!"f
And the mysterious yellow animal that's cheerfully hopping next to her is Carbuncle. He's Arle's partner. He can't speak words though, just "Gu~" and nothing else. It looks like he can go heart-to-heart with Arle, though.
"Amitie! I'm over here if you want to catch me!"
And the other one that called out is Ringo, who was in Arle’s general direction. Her red, loopy curls for hair are totally her charm point. She likes to study, and is also incredibly curious. But when she gets really enthusiastic, her way of speaking starts getting pretty weird.
"Wait up! Ah- Ahahahahaha!" I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to chase them down.
It's been a while since I played tag, but it was still good fun even if only just for the run. To start, when the game begins, we don't even need to say much about it. We just come together, play around, and just run with it, and that's how it's been since then. Sounds pretty upbeat, huh? We're just close companions merrily going around and having fun. We all just understand each other that well!
"Hah, hah. Ah, that was fun, huh, Carby?"
"Gugu!"
"It's like we're living in a dream...whoah, it's that time already."
It's already sunset. The three of us took a long breather, wiping off the sweat and fanning ourselves to cool off.
"Time to head home, then?" I was a little reluctant to say that. Arle and Ringo traded looks with each other. But tomorrow, the day after and the next, I'm sure everyone will come and play.
"...Oh yeah huh. Wanna head back, Carby?"
"Gu~"
"Agreed."
I nodded at Arle and Ringo, giving them a smile and waving them off.
"See you tomorrow, then!"
"Yeah!"
"Be seeing you!"
What'll we play tomorrow, then, I wonder? Can't help but think way ahead of things. Whatever it is, I'm sure everyone's gonna be here and having fun!
...That's what I thought would happen. The next day, this was the first thing I said when I got to the park...
"Ringo, what's that!?"
"Well, you see, something seems to have followed me here..."
Just as we waited for Ringo to show up, some black shadow was looming around her. The shadow was following her around, and Ringo's all not-exactly-shocked-at-all shocked, and just being half-hearted about it.
"What do you mean followed!? I can't see a thing with this smoke all over the place! Shoo! Go away!" I rushed on over to Ringo, turning to the black shadow thing and tried to fan it away...
"Ahaha, that tickles! Stop that~"
"Hya- HYAAAAH! The black shadow said things!"
The black shadow clumped together, and something like a person's face suddenly sprung out! As I kept watching, the black shadow eventually whizzed up into something vaguely human-shaped...
"Ta-daaa!"
"Wh-what kind of thing is that even!?"
The black smoke had turned into a puppet-ish thing! It vaguely has arms and legs, the head is shaped like a fluffy whipped cream topping, and it seems it could talk too, if that spoken line meant anything. It's been lightly floating and following Ringo around like that.
"R-R-Ringo~~~! What did you do and who the heck is that!?"
Despite Ringo keeping a cool head in this, she's still trembling about it.
"Ah...This is Ecolo, an enigmatic entity."
"Enigmatic entity!? But there's nothing you don't know!"
"I thought that as well, but it's safe to say exceptions exist..." Ringo let out a defeated laugh.
While Ringo and I were making noise about it, the black shadow named Ecolo idly floated mid-air and spoke up.
"I'm not an enigmatic entity, I'm a Space-time Traveler~"
"S-Space-time? Is Spasstime the name of a town you traveled from? Where is it?" I cocked my head at the unfamiliar name.
"That's not it either, I traverse time and space~" Ecolo let out a cheerful laugh.
Hmm, I don't really get it. ...That being said, I did get curious about it, noticing something hanging from its mouth...is that drool?
"Time and space?"
"Ahaha, you don't have to think too hard about it, Ammie."
"Bwah!? You know about me!?"
"Yup, that's what a Space-time Traveler does!"
"Huh, I don't have a good grip of it, but space-time sounds neat!"
"That's space-time for ya!"
"Uhm, Amitie? You're strangely hitting it off well with Ecolo somehow. Are you okay?" Ringo interrupted me with a whisper, thinking I'm getting into some weird chit-chat.
"Eh? But isn't this your friend, Ringo?" I gave her a curious gentle tug. If Ecolo looks fun to be with, then I'm sure it's her friend! That's what I meant. She just curled up her brows and scratched her cheek.
"Friend...N-Not exactly."
"But I want to get to know it better!"
"Urgh, Amitie, that pure smile is incredibly innocent...!" Ringo covered her face in her palms. What's going on? And a voice called out...
"Amitie! Ringo! Heyo..."
"Gugu..."
We heard a voice from that general direction. That voice's Arle and Carbuncle's! I gotta to introduce them to Ecolo...or so I thought, looking over her shoulder.
"A~rle~♪ Look this way for me♪"
"...eh?"
Someone was quickly heading to Arle's side, who's still staring at the ground. It happened to be a tall man, and he got really up close to Arle to speak to her. He's got long green hair, and two horns are grown out from the sides of his head. At a glance, I thought he'd be pretty cool along with the good looks...
"A~rly♪ Carbunny♪ Oh my, not so shy now are you? Then come into the arms of your one and only Satan..." He continued to go sweet-sweet on Arle, practically spoiling that cool-ish sort of air to him.
"A-Arle...what's his deal?"
"Sorry, Amitie. Satan somehow caught my trail...Unsurprisingly, he ended up tagging along."
Oh, so Satan is this guy's name. As Ringo, who still had Ecolo floating around as always, suddenly shouted out.
"Arle too!?"
"Huh? What do you mean by 'me too'?" Arle asked, raising her head and turning to Ringo.
"Hello there, Arle. I seem to be under 'insistent follower' condition today..."
And then Arle watched Ecolo gleefully tug onto Ringo's ring-tails and pull her face into a smile, telling how much she really understands it all.
"Ah...well that's quite the mess you're in, Ringo..."
"Gu guguu..."
"Uhm, what the heck do you mean?" I asked doing a double-take, and Arle reluctantly presented the story.
"As I said before, the guy I don't get one bit that's behind Carby and me is Satan. He's the Dark Prince...more or less."
"Wha! The Dark Prince!? That sounds wicked cool though!" I exclaimed upon finding out who he is referred to, leading to him putting his hands on his waist to let out a hearty laugh.
"That is true, indeed it is! I AM the wicked cool Satan. Haa ha ha ha!"
"Man, you're a pretty lively and fun guy, huh~"
"Amitie... He has the WONDERFUL ability of following, you know!" Arle grumbled, firmly balling her hand into a fist. Fo- Following? Doesn't seem like he's planning that sort of thing.
"Okay then, so this the wicked cool Satan...and the Space-time Traveler Ecolo are two friends of yours? Alrighty, how about we all play together today!"
I'm sure things will be more fun with more people showing up! With four of us, things will definitely expand. O~kay, I wonder what we'll play! I was so excited to put down an idea...
"Hmph." Satan scoffed in my direction. "I only came here to pick up Arle and Carbuncle for our private date."
"Private date?"
"Right. Forgive my fiance for fleeing our fine and lovely da-..."
"Oh HEEEELL NO!" Arle huffed up and shouted. "I shove it in your face so many times and you still don't get it, I am NOT your fiance!"
"Gu guguugu!"
...Fiance? I turned over to Ringo to ask her whatever the heck it means.
"A fiance is a person in love that has made a promise to marry." She answered.
I see, someone in love that promise to marry...wait.
"EEEEH!? Marry!? Someone in love!? And Arle's that!?"
"Ahh, that is quite true!" Satan confidently added in, with Arle on the side interrupting in.
"Shut your trap, Satan! Ugh...You've got it wrong, Amitie. He's just blabbing his selfish fantasies..."
"Guuguguguu!"
"Ah, my bad, then."
Well, that's a bit of a twist! I thought Arle was the bride this entire time! ...Still though, Arle said this is all a mix-up, while Satan's always sticking to his word. So then, is Arle in love, or does she not stand it for some reason? As I thought it over, Ecolo, who's kinda fluffing up Ringo's head, had something to say.
"Me too, me too, I want to play with only Ringo!"
"Wha!? But why!?"
"C'mon, I want to have Ringie all to myself!"
"All to yourself?"
"I'm saying that she's mine, all mine!"
"W...WHAAAAA!?"
We got a shocker here! How many more will I see today!?
"Ecolo! Refrain from this profoundly inappropriate context!" Ringo hastily interrupted.
"Eeh~? But I mean it. I'm came here to invite Ringie, but I'm not really feeling bringing the others along today~"
"Whaaat...b-but why?"
So I get that Satan is all head over heels for Arle. I also get that Ecolo has a special thing for Ringo. So then, why is "Together with Everyone" something that won't fly with them? This is way past confusing me...
"Oh just drop it, Satan!"
"And not another word from you, Ecolo!"
Arle and Ringo both somewhat angrily demanded.
"We promised that we'd play with Amitie today. Just me and Carby is a no-go, and isn't making me happy at all!"
"Gugugugugugu!"
"Wh...Arle!" Satan sounded shocked to hear that, staggering backwards a bit.
"Ah hahaha, well that's too bad, pops." While Ecolo pointed and laughed at him...
"And you too Ecolo!" Ringo spat out a few words and rolled her eyes.
"Playing with everyone means you'll have her, and you're not allowed to say those selfish things!"
"Get really real! But I thought that was the plan here!"
"Aren't you doing just that, Ecolo!? You have to consider the feelings of everyone else!" Ringo put a hand to her waist as she scolded the blobby thing. Man, she sounds like a strict woman here...
"At any rate!"
"Whoah!?"
While idly looking around, someone suddenly got Arle and Ringo wrapped in their arms.
"You two should follow Amitie's example!"
"Yep yep! Amitie is a master of friendships and playtime, no matter who they are!"
"Wh- Whaaat!? Why me~!?"
Satan and Ecolo focused their slightly intense glare at me.
"Could you follow this girl's example, Arle...?"
"Can you be more like Ammie, here...?"
The two of them asked in low-key. I began to stammer in a panic.
"G- G-G-Get real, I-I can't be a role model! C-C'mon you two, stop giving me that look..."
"I want to play with Amitie more than you, Satan!"
"Gu gugu!"
"I don't play with selfish people!"
"AAAAAAH! Arle, Ringo, please don't give them any ideas!"
Despite what Arle and Ringo told them, Satan and Ecolo didn't look any more grim than they should. Heya, this is definitely the pattern where I get completely dragged in against my will!
"Anyway...We!"
"We!"
""Decline your invitation!""
"Why did you say it like some kind of pledge!? Wah, this is beyond what I can handle!" I firmly bit into my nails, nearly driven to tears.
"...Hmph, fine then." Satan turns around, which shows the cape-like wings on his back.
"Okay then, them's the breaks I guess..." Even Ecolo backed off like an adult and floated away from Ringo.
"Eh?"
This has got to be a total anticlimax for Arle and Ringo, seing as they rolled their eyes.
"This wasn't meant to be a displeasing date with Arly and Carbunny..."
"Ah- Satan..."
"In any case, I bid farewell."
Satan spread his wings to flap them a few times, and then he flew up and away to the unknown.
"Sorry about today, Ringie. I'll think about what I've done for a bit then...
"Ecolo? Uhm..."
"See ya!"
Ecolo twinkled for a few, turning round and round to whizz into the black shadow and eventually fade into the skies.
"..."
They just left us behind without another word.
"Sigh...I think he shoved a bit too much down my throat."
"Guuu?"
After a moment, Arle and Carbuncle were left to grumble when punishment didn't seem to be the thing to do.
"In spite of our clamoring to them, I doubt that is the end of their impetus of something..." And Ringo seems to be concerned about something, as she watched Ecolo go away.
"Hmm, but hey, with them like that, we'd probably we see them again I guess? I'll let the slip-up slide! Maybe next time we'll get everyone together to play!" I cheerfully exclaimed, flailing my arms around.
"...Amitie."
"Huhu. You're right. Somehow that lifted my spirits. Thank you."
"Wait what did I do!?"
At the end of the day... After all that uproar of a day, we decided to break off for now. Man what a day that was!


Let's skip to the next day. I met up with Arle and Ringo, each holding a letter with a concerned look on their face.
"What's that and what's up?" I looked closer at what's in their hand. It had...
[To Arle and Carbuncle♪ -From Satan]
[To Ringie -Ecolo]
...written on them.
"Letters, huh? Wonder what kind it is. You haven't opened them yet?" When I looked back up to them, the two of them slouched and looked over and said "I've got a bad feeling about this..." in unison.
"Oh so it's a typical letter? Maybe they felt bad about yesterday, and wanted to make up by writing this out to you!"
"A- Amitie..."
"Urgh, they have the gleam in their eyes now!"
"Bweh? I was wrong?" I cocked my head, watching Arle and Ringo trade looks with a wry smile.
"Urgh, that's right. It's as you said it would be Amitie."
"Yep that's right. With all of their nonsense, we've been conditioned to suspect anything they do is sorta shady business."
"Shady business?"
"Amitie. What she means by shady business is that we're deeply doubtful of their actions."
"I see. So do you not get along too well with them? Shady business or not, let's go open them up!" I proclaimed, finally bringing a smile to Arle and Ringo's face.
"Yeah, let's!"
"Gu gu!"
"Let's do as Amitie said!"
So then the two of them went and popped open the letter's seal...
*bwoosh!*
"What the?"
My body suddenly got light and out of my control. Everything around me also got all warped and crazy, until it faded to black!
"Wh- What in the world is going on!?"
The three of us, and maybe Carbuncle can't see a thing.
"AAAAAAH!!" I shrieked in reaction...
"Amitie, Arle, gimme your hand!" Ringo calmly called out to me. "D-Don't lose your way!"
"Yeah! And Carby's here too!"
"Gu guguuuu!"
I tried to get closer to Arle and Ringo and frantically grabbed their hands. And in the next moment, I started to see something like sparkly stars in the blackness...
"WA~~~H, what gives~~~!!"
The three of us began revolving and floating around midair, somehow being able to breathe in the black darkness.
"Haa ha ha ha!"
"Ahahahahaa♪"
And the last thing I heard was the sound of someone's laughter...

Comments

  1. Wow! interesting start!....and Ringie? I am kind of terrified of Ecolo right now....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sig's Secret

Sig’s Secret Chapter 1 - Taking a Stand!